Fellwater is the first novel to come from Brendan Myers. He is a published non fiction writer who has several non fiction works under his belt. Known for making you think (he is a philosopher after all) he does a wonderful job expanding your world with this novel.
As an avid reader, I found that once I started this novel, I couldn’t put it down. I purchased the book at first out of an admitted self imposed sense of duty since he’s a friend of my fiance’s and I wanted to do my part to help out a self published author.
But once I started reading, I became hooked and found that though a quick read for me (It was read in completion in only a few hours) I was intrigued and found myself wanting more by the time I reached the end.
In this novel, we meet Katie who is a young 20 something yearning for more in life. She breaks up with her boyfriend because she believes in soul mates and he doesn’t. She meets a gentleman that seems to fill that void, but is quickly caught up in a world of feuding clans generations old. Though not stated outright, it is alluded that many of the characters in this novel have existed for hundreds of years, including Carlo Diangelo, the “bad guy” of the novel.
I don’t want to give all the good stuff away but definitely encourage you to get this book to add to your collection. Not only are you helping support a self published author who is a wonderful writer but you’re getting a great read as well!
I totally just realized I didn’t leave any links to the book or to Brendan’s website in case you were interested in reading any of his other published works.
To purchase the book, you can click the following link to purchase the Ebook on Amazon. If you don’t have a kindle, don’t worry. You can use their cloud reader, desktop application or one of the many aps that work for just about any smart phone out there.
To visit Brendan’s website, simply visit him at www.brendanmyers.net/. He also is a co host to a pagan pod cast called Standing Stone and Garden Gate that is does a great job in providing “beyond 101″ pagans content that is relevant and rewarding to listen too.
- Reading on a Kindle vs. a paper book (eli.thegreenplace.net)
- The First Pick in the NFL Draft Andrew Luck Still Uses a Flip Phone [Video] (gizmodo.com)
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (myteenreads.wordpress.com)
- Book Review for Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz (abookwormshaven.com)
- When the Writing Bug Bit (villagedrummerfiction.wordpress.com)
- Cinder: Book One in the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (thebookhookup.com)
- #421 ~ The Starboard Sea (literatehousewife.com)
- Today’s FREE eBooks for Download (April 20) (randomizeme.net)
- Rebecca Hamilton: Editing habits revealed (lawreigns.com)
- Review: Fellwater by Brendan Meyers (donethisbefore.com)