So I received my recent Avon order yesterday and along with it got the Carnival colors they released in their nail varnish line. All I can say is I am in LOVE. I am not quite into the bright neon’s that are really in right now and expected to stay a trend straight through spring and on into summer but these colors are an amazing alternative to the bright day glo neons that are popular.
More muted versions of many of the popular neons, the Carnival of Colors line are gorgeous and I can’t wait to get in my nude color nail gel so I can start sporting these on my finger tips. I also love the fact that Avon’s colors are 3 free and contain no formaldehyde, toluene or phthalates.
I haven’t swatched these yet because my nails have a really dark blue Harmony Gelish manicure on them right now and are really holding up well. (And I have a lot to accomplish this weekend.) However, I can describe each of the colors for you and have done so below!
Loving Lavender is a gorgeous light purple color that screams spring to me. Reminding me of light purple tulips, this is definitely one of my favorite colors in this collection. This color is a cream finish.
Sweet Mint is a green that I wouldn’t quite define as being a mint green. Mint greens tend to have a bit of a pale blue undertone to them and this simply isn’t the case with Sweet Mint. I would describe this color as a yellowish green that reminds me of the pale greens of newly sprouting plants. This is also a cream finish.
Aqua Fantasy is a light aqua color that in my opinion is nothing like what is shown on the Avon website. Avon shows it as a more vibrant aqua color and it is much more muted. That doesn’t mean it isn’t gorgeous though. Like the other colors of the line, this is another wonderful color that screams spring to me. I am not sure if I would describe this as a pearl finish or a frost. It has a distinct shimmer to it that is found in both types of finish. Since it is more subtle though, I’m going to call this color a pearl. Frosts tend to be more heavy in the type of pearliness that we see and this doesn’t show brush strokes like a frosty color would.
Blue Escape is close to being neon. If it had a touch more brightness to it, it would definately qualify. This is also another color that has a shimmer quality to it. However, rather than being on the pearly side, I think this is just more of a straight shimmer. The shimmer flashes with a bit more of a blue tone in the bottle but I don’t know if this would translate on the fingernail.
Orange Creamsicle is a gorgeous orange that screams Good Humor Dreamcicles to me. This is a great orange color with a cream finish. I think this with some of the White Mosaic Effects will be a wonderful combination that is reminiscent of warm spring and summer days complemented with a creamcicle.
And finally, Fuchsia Fun. This is the most neon of all the colors in my opinion and I think it is a great fuchsia pink. I would describe this as a color that is a definite shimmer. In my opinion, the shimmer is the result of small glass flecks, like many shimmers are. The effect of these lends it a slightly chromed appearance without it really flashing another color like duo-chromes do. I really like this pink and think it is definitely going to be gracing my fingertips often this spring and summer.
I love all of these colors and think that Avon did a great job putting them together. I am missing a yellow in this collection but I think that the yellow that is a normal color for them, Sunshine (a yellow cream) is a good option for those who want to sport a yellow.
I think the part I am looking the most forward to is combining these along with the new white crackle that Avon released in their Mosaic Effects. Just like the black, it applies just as well as your high end professional polishes. Make sure you shake it well then let it settle for a minute or two to let any air bubbles escape then top those tips with an amazingly opaque and rich white color. I LOVE the colors Avon is offering lately and am excited as my customers order the colors I love so much!
I hope you enjoy these colors and if at any time, you want to place an order, simply contact your Avon rep or let me know. I’d be happy to help you out!
- Estée Lauder Goes Fuchsia For Spring (bellasugar.com)
- Spring Color Palette- Part II (gchicnotes.wordpress.com)
- Celebrity Colorist Johnny Bueno’s Spring 2011 Hair Trend Report (bellasugar.com)
- Samsill Launches New Binder Fashion Colors for 2012 (prweb.com)
- Mint Green: The Pastel for Spring (blogs.smarter.com)
- Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas from Avon (thefashionablehousewife.com)
- Feeling Mint: The Season’s Surprisingly Cool Color (fabsugar.com)
- Shades of Spring: How to Rock Pastels in Your Look (meetsobsession.com)
- Dominica Carnival 2012: Carnival Opening Parade in Roseau (dominica-weekly.com)
- Beyond-Neutral Eye Shadow Looks to Try Right Now (bellasugar.com)
- Rio Carnival (howtodorioright.wordpress.com)
- New Wet n’ Wild Color Icon Singles (2012) (neutrakris.com)
- Trend Alert: Orange Nails (bellasugar.com)
- Carnival (whiteorchidhouse.wordpress.com)
- Crime cutting into Brazil’s Carnivals amid strike (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Trend Alert: Neon Nails (bellasugar.com)
- Would You Wear This New Neon Nail Polish? (bellasugar.com)
- Coming Soon: OPI Mod About Brights Collection (bellasugar.com)
- 3 Easy Tips for Wearing Brights and Neon (blogs.smarter.com)
- Illamasqua’s Insanely Gorgeous Nail Varnish! (hudabeauty.com)
- Uniform Advantage Introduces Two New Scrub Lines: Strictly Scrubs™ & You, Aye!™ (prweb.com)
- SWATCHED: OPI’s Gargantuan Green Grape (nailsnailed.com)
- DayGlo Makes a Comeback: 10 Ways to Wear It Without Looking ’90s (bellasugar.com)
- Carnival Season in the Dominican Republic (repeatingislands.com)
- Neon Nail Art Design’s to Try this Spring (lifesobsessions.com)
- Überpopular UK Brand Nails Inc. Now Available in the US (bellasugar.com)
- Trend Alert: Vixen Violet Nail Varnish (bellasugar.com)